Sunday, July 16, 2017

Repurposing old Earrings!

Hello 
and 
Happy Sunday to you all!

As you all know I been knitting quiet a bit here lately,
don't worry I have not given up card making,
and while on the search for patterns I been 
coming across pictures of amazing 
stitch markers.
Yes, stitch markers and
 I mean beautiful little works of art,
not the ones my grandma used to use!
 So my creative little mind went to work
and since I'm the queen of cheap
I went digging through my stash of old jewelry...
...and look what I found.
 Love fashion jewelry,
but hate that all the pretty necklaces come with earrings
I can't wear because I'm allergic to them:(
Well now I found a new purpose for all those earrings
"Stitch Markers".
 This is all you need: Old Earrings, Jump Rings or Split Rings and
your Pliers.
Then just detach the jewelry part of the earring from the earring hooks
and slip onto a jump ring or split ring.
Now, how easy was that?
 And you end up with a set of beautiful
"Stitch Markers".
A little update on my 
"Wear-A-Hug" shawl,
it's almost done.
Sadly I missed the KAL deadline but that's fine
I had fun doing it,
and that's all what counts!

Thanks for stopping by
hope you have a wonderful creative week!

Diana

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I had a big clearout of earrings recently. Sadly, I didn't think of this brilliant use for them.

    ReplyDelete