Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kind of, in a Pickle!

Or better, I was!
Oh yes, I did it again, 
waiting to the last, and I mean the absolute last minute,
to get a Birthday card done.
Saturday morning 9 o'clock, no card
and the party is at 2.
My husbands suggestion
"Just buy one"!
My answer "I CAN'T DO THAT"!!!
It just feels wrong to me to give a store bought 
card since I have been making my own!

Digging through my emergency stash,
nothing for a teenage girl:(
OK, "I CAN DO THIS",
find a quick and easy layout,
thank you 'Take Ten" magazine,
find the right paper and colors,
oh, and some cute stamps!

OH YES, I DID IT!!!
One and a half hours later, not to bad!
I think this was my fastest card ever.
The girl is a "Hero Arts" stamp, 
background stamp from "Inkadinkado" and
the sentiment is a "Stampin'Up!" stamp.
One of my crocheted flowers atop a punched paper flower
and a sparkly brad for a little bling!
Well, I pulled this one off...
... to the next time...HiHi!
No to bad for a quick card,
what do you think?

Thanks for stopping in!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Diana



8 comments:

  1. Perfect. I have a teenage daughter and she would have been "well impressed".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Una, glad you liked the card!
      Thanks for stopping in!
      Diana

      Delete
  2. gorgeous....what talent you have!! oh and i so understand the "i can't buy one" mentality!! so many of my gifts are handmade/special. i can't just buy a generic gift for anyone. i always feel i will dissapoint!!

    i am sure she loved it and girls always appreciate homemade!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! Special indeed and definitely from the heart!
      Thanks for stopping in!
      Diana

      Delete
  3. Laughing - how many times have we all done a last minute card. But many times they are the best ones. My goal is to have MANY made so I can shop in my own stash. Maybe a goal for the new year! Thanks for visiting my blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did a great job on this...i am the slowest card maker in the world...I am so impressed you pulled this off and it looks fab!
    Great image of course and your crocheted flower is perfect with the stamped petals underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card. I am like you. I hate buying them when I have so much stuff to just make one and they are so darn expensive to buy--you might as well give that as a gift! ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds a lot like me - making cards a few hours before the party! Your card is lovely, and I think it is perfect for a teenage girl. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete