Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Quarter Stitch and Broken Wings

Hello and
happy weekend to y'all!

I will apologize ahead of time!!!
Sorry!!! 
This post is a bit long,
As always, I could not make up my mind which pictures to post
so, I did them all.

For quiet a while I been burning to stop by
"The Quarter Stitch" 
in the French Quarter of New Orleans
and on this trip home it finally happened.
 Tucked away in the shadows of St. Louis Cathedral
on Chartres Street is this adorable little knitting shop...
 ... The Quarter Stitch.
So come on in and take a look around with me.



 Is your mouth watering yet?

 Yes, maybe I lied a bit, it's not that little,
and it's filled to the rim with beautiful yarns, fiber 
and needlepoint supplies.
Maybe on your next visit to the Crescent City 
you find a minute or two to stop by
 Even your purchase gets wrapped in an extraordinary way,
with little punched hearts in the bottom of the bag,
like a little gift from fiber heaven!
 And this is what I bought,
3 skeins of Colinette Calligraphy in Elephant's Dream
for a sweet shoulder wrap creation.
 I was fortunate to test knit this stunning wrap called
"Broken Wings"
for a very creative friend of mine
It only took me a few days to finish and
I loved how the yarn, color and pattern came together so beautifully.
Here are the links to the pattern
Happy knitting!
Just one more...
... I'm really trying to make use of my odds and ends,
so after some searching I found this pattern called
It looks like you can use whatever leftovers you 
have laying around
and what you see is my color/odds and ends line up.
Hello New Project!

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you have a wonderful creative week!

Diana


No comments:

Post a Comment