Sunday, November 26, 2017

Old Books and Silhouettes!

Hello everyone
and
Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!
I hope everyone had a blessed Holiday
with family and friends.
For us it was the traditional turkey dinner
with our oldest son and wife.
And no we did not join the Thanksgiving
shopping craze,
just enjoyed a few peaceful days at home, 
me in my stamp room,
working on Christmas cards and a little
project I had planned on doing last Christmas
"Old Books and Silhouettes"

You will need an old book,
mine is a discard from work, rescued before it went 
into the dumpster,
a little yellow and smelly but perfect for this project. 
 The fold is very easy, I found mine on Pinterest,
no glue needed, just tuck in the corners.
However I glued the upper corners of the
book pages together so they would not open up.
 Silhouettes were cut with Cricut cardritge
"A Child's Year".

 Ribbon and sparkly snowflake to decorate the tree.
 The bow was made with my bow maker.

A very simple but beautiful Christmas decoration made
out of a re-purposed old book.

What are you crafting for Christmas?

Hope you liked this little Christmas craft and try it yourself!
Thank you so much for stopping by,
have a wonderful week!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment