Saturday, August 11, 2012

Crazy week and a bit of recycling!

Oh, what a crazy week!
Open House, school shopping with a Freshman, Football and OH there is my full time job...
... not much creativity going on in the stamp room and sorry,
 the blog did not get much attention this week either.
BUT...
School started back on Thursday, HURRAY, so maybe our life gets back into a routine.
Back to school also means ...
 ... yes the start of my favorite season
"Football Season" 
 and
... yes, we are officially back on the road again.
 Our first away game, just a practice game, 
but it was fun to watch.

 The boys did good and scored a few points.
 Found this old tire rim on the sideline and 
had to take a picture. I thought it looked to cool.
Well the week was not all wasted, 
I had a little time to decorate an old mini note book and a small spice container.
 Since the note book was so small I just used scraps
of odds and end I had laying around.
 I covered the ugly red cover with cart-stock and stamped it with
Stampin'Up! "Delicate Doilies for a little background effect.
 And I had to add one of my crocheted flowers.
 The same with the little container,
all leftovers from old projects.
Since the items were so small, it took me no time to put together.
Well, I think my little recycling project turned out quiet nice!
What do you think?
Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful weekend!


6 comments:

  1. They turned out great. Love the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project! I am a sucker for the Eiffel Tower.Your crocheted flower is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your recycling project is wonderful! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you all for following my blog, every post means a lot to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these turned out super cute. you are an extremely creative gal!!

    what do you use the small spice jar for?? and i wonder if you can ever, really get the spice's smell out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie,
      I can't remember what exactly was in the little jar, but I was lucky and it didn't leave an oder. I use my little jars for small punch outs like flowers.
      Have a great weekend!
      Diana

      Delete