Monday, January 18, 2016

A bit of Yarn Play!

Hello and
Happy Monday to you all!

Hope everyone had a great weekend
and a good start to the week,
and maybe you are lucky like me and are
getting an extra day off for
Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

Since it is a little chilly outside I thought I would
share my newest warm knitting creations with you.
Fluffy warm cowls,
definitely come in handy around this time of year. 
 Crux Cowl knit with Red Heart Boutique, 
Unforgettable in color Meadow.
 You can find the pattern in the book
"Knockout Knits" by Laura Nelkin.
 Remember the easy lace cowl I started a while back,
yes, it's finished.
 "Easy Lace Cowl" was knit with cherry color JitterBug yarn.
 Ah, another Isaac Mizrahi cowl.
Just love his yarn and the beautiful colors.
This is Premier yarn, University in color Pratt.
Sorry, the picture does not show 
the pattern very well,
but it is a very easy lacy mesh pattern 
I got from my Mom. 

Pattern:
Cast on 152 sts.
Place stitch marker and join to begin knitting in the round. 
Rd. 1 : knit
Rd. 2 : *k1, yo, sl1 knit-wise, k1, psso*, repeat from *.
Repeat Rd. 1 and 2. 
Pattern stitches will lean to the left.
I used 1 skein of Premier yarn one this one but 
I think it would look better being wider!
Happy knitting!

Thanks for stopping in,
hope I got you inspired to pick up your needles and
start a new knitting project!

Have a wonderful week!

Diana


1 comment:

  1. Those cowls are beautiful, especially the first one; lovely colour and it looks lovely and soft. Thank you for the pattern. I will have to get my knitting needles and start some purl one...knit two. =)

    ReplyDelete